What do you think about this tablet ?

Reaction score
To avoid preconceived prejudice, I am going to keep the name of the tablet and its manufacturer anonymous.
Specs...........................
Tablet : brand new, unopened.
Intel Atom Z3735F 64 bit Quad Core
CPU frequency 1.83GHz
GPU Intel HD Graphics Gen7
2GB RAM
32GB ROM
TF/Micro SD card expands memory up to 128GB
8.9 inch screen
Capacitive, IPS, 10-point multi-touch
Resolution 1280 x 800 (16:10)
Bluetooth 4.0, Miracast
WiFi
Front and back cameras
Dual OS, Windows 10 & Android 4.4 KitKat
Cost : $99 US ( approx. $133 CAD )

Reaction score
its worth that. I spent the same two years ago for a 7 inch tablet with less on than this one. in my case the wife wanted it and was happy so it was well worth $100.00 to keep her happy.

the poorguy

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Dual OS?! Very nice!

The specs sound decent at that price - did you go for it? I bought an HP Stream 7 for £50 (~$75) and it's been a great little toy, but this one is bigger at 8.9" so I imagine it is more practical.

Is this a tablet you own? I'd really like to hear a little more about it.

Reaction score
I bought it via eBay.
The seller is in HongKong.
The name of the tablet is Onda V891, manufactured in China.

It will take a good part of a month to get here.

In Canada, HP Stream 7 is sold for $99 CAD in Microsoft Store Canada.

P.S. For a 7 inch tablet , a Jot stylus pen is recommended.
I bought one from Microsoft Store for $19.99 CAD. I use it for my Surface RT. It is much better than using the silly eraser-lookalike stylus or my finger.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Please do let us know what you think of it when it arrives :). I'm on the Onda site reading a little bit more about it now. The keyboard looks very much like that of the MS Surface!

Reaction score
AH ! That keyboard is not part of the deal.................... I wish.
And, I have not been able to find out how to purchase that blue colour keyboard.
All I can find so far is the universal USB or better, Bluetooth keyboard + case.

Reaction score
Tablet received about 6 hours ago.

I am not sure I can say I like it.
1. Initial startup went to Android OS and I had ( still don't ) no idea how to switch to Windows. It was supposed to be a "one-click" affair ? I searched till my fingers hurt and my eyes sore.
2. After several restarts I got into Windows 10 Home. The desktop has a prominent and well-known Android icon at the desktop. So, it is a one click switch to Android OS. Right now, I stay on Windows side until some one shows me how to switch from Android to Windows. Asked the question at Onda forum and still waiting for a reply.
3. Definitely need a keyboard and a mouse. I used the OTG cable to connect them. The Jot pen I bought does not work too well with this tablet.
4. In the Windows side, it is "bi-lingual". Display language is English but Chinese tags along most of the time.
5. In Android side, it is strictly Chinese.
6. CCleaner and Picpick are installed. That's it and I have only under 8 GB left to play with. It is a 32 GB tablet.
Inserted a 64-GB sd card but it is only good for Files, ie, doc, music, pictures etc. Can't find a way to install apps to sd card. The option was greyed out.

Not too happy.

Reaction score
Update:
After poking around for a few hours, I finally found out how to switch from Andriod to Windows.

Better.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What's the performance like, is it quite usable for day-to-day tasks?

Reaction score
What's the performance like, is it quite usable for day-to-day tasks?

Yes, it handles daily chores OK .......... in the Windows side.
I have yet to fully check out the Android side.

Better to buy the 64 GB version.
32 GB internal storage is just not enough. I'm paying for my mistake. With less than 7 GB space left in internal storage, I am not even sure if I shall install MS Office, or Windows Essentials for using WLM. Right now I settle for Hotmail alone.

P.S. While in Android OS, I found out I can change Language in Settings to English. So, I am certain what I am changing. I am not completely familiar with Chinese Simplified written language. I grew up and educated in Chinese Traditional in Hong Kong under British administration.
You are in UK. You know what I mean.

Ask a Question