When I open my laptop it shows the acer logo for 10 seconds then turns off it self then turns on and it keeps doing the same thing

Reaction score
After i reseted my laptop (windows 10) that happened repeatedly and i cant find a way to fix it i tried to reset it again on recovery environment but it doesn't work i dont have a recovery point either what should i do?

Reaction score
Hi John,

try the following, I hope you have your important files backed up in case things don't work out well?. :)

Reaction score
Hi John,

try the following, I hope you have your important files backed up in case things don't work out well?. :)

I already reseted my laptop but i got stuck in a bootloop i cant access my desktop the only thing that i can access is the bios and recovery environment i tried to reset it again but it doesnt work i dont have a reatore point either

Reaction score
Hi John,

you will need a copy of Win 10 on a USB stick or DVD to enter into "Advanced Startup Options" and you might be able to repair your computer from there?.

Read from: " If you can't boot Windows 10 ". :)

Reaction score
Hi John,

you will need a copy of Win 10 on a USB stick or DVD to enter into "Advanced Startup Options" and you might be able to repair your computer from there?.

Read from: " If you can't boot Windows 10 ". :)
So i should reformat it?

Reaction score
If you want to yes!. Do you have anything on the drive that you need? (documents, photo's etc). If you first try repairing, you might save yourself a fresh install, that said, if you have nothing of value and feel inclined, then a fresh install would most likely be quicker?. :)

Reaction score
If you want to yes!. Do you have anything on the drive that you need? (documents, photo's etc). If you first try repairing, you might save yourself a fresh install, that said, if you have nothing of value and feel inclined, then a fresh install would most likely be quicker?. :)
I already reseted it so theres nothing on it because of the reset it got stuck on a bootloop note:its a built-in windows 10 i really dont know how it happened i think its midway in the reset but when it restarted it got stuck in the acer logo and keeps restarting

Reaction score
In such cases I use one or two other Operating Systems to verify whether the drive Windows is installed on, one is the GPARTED LiveCD and the other is a version of Linux LiveDVD, both bootable and can access the drive if it is seen properly in the BIOS. Sudden failure of a drive is not all that rare and have seen power failures or even momentary 'bumps' disrupt an install.

Reaction score
In such cases I use one or two other Operating Systems to verify whether the drive Windows is installed on, one is the GPARTED LiveCD and the other is a version of Linux LiveDVD, both bootable and can access the drive if it is seen properly in the BIOS. Sudden failure of a drive is not all that rare and have seen power failures or even momentary 'bumps' disrupt an install.
Well my problem is i dont have any CD or a bootable usb with an OS and cant get one because of lock down in our area and im stuck in my house i think i tried everything like reseting it again but it doesn't work it says "no changes were made"

Reaction score
Hi John,

did your computer come with a OEM restore partition?. what make and model is it, if we can determine that, maybe we can walk you through the OEM restore and your computer will be set back to factory settings!. :)

Reaction score
Hi John,

did your computer come with a OEM restore partition?. what make and model is it, if we can determine that, maybe we can walk you through the OEM restore and your computer will be set back to factory settings!. :)
Well when i bought the laptop it already has a windows 10 on it and my first reset i didnt use a CD or a flash drive
Its an Acer Aspire E14

Reaction score
After i reseted my laptop (windows 10) that happened repeatedly and i cant find a way to fix it i tried to reset it again on recovery environment but it doesn't work i dont have a recovery point either what should i do?
Some Acers, you have to total reset by
1. remove battery
2. remove the power cord
3. Press power button for 3min. ( ya a long time-but it drains the power from all items except the BIOS battery)
4. insert power cable (NOT the BATTERY) then do a normal start.
see what happens.
If Yes, then your OK if NO
unplug the power cord
2. Insert a Bootable USB - Im sure you have on.
3. when boot to USB move thru to command prompt - type the following: RSTRUI.exe /offline:C:\windows (click enter) and see if it reset to the last known good.
If yes, then your good to go. If No
Then you will have to do a RESTORE from you Backup (you do have one ?)
if No then you have to do a 100% Clean Install. them means use the Acer Restore USB you made.

Reaction score
Some Acers, you have to total reset by
1. remove battery
2. remove the power cord
3. Press power button for 3min. ( ya a long time-but it drains the power from all items except the BIOS battery)
4. insert power cable (NOT the BATTERY) then do a normal start.
see what happens.
If Yes, then your OK if NO
unplug the power cord
2. Insert a Bootable USB - Im sure you have on.
3. when boot to USB move thru to command prompt - type the following: RSTRUI.exe /offline:C:\windows (click enter) and see if it reset to the last known good.
If yes, then your good to go. If No
Then you will have to do a RESTORE from you Backup (you do have one ?)
if No then you have to do a 100% Clean Install. them means use the Acer Restore USB you made.
My laptop doesnt have a battery anymore because the battery doesnt work anymore 1 to 4 i did that already i dont have any way of getting a windows installer right now because of lockdown and note my laptop didnt complete the reset because it got stuck on the repeating acer logo so it doesnt have a restore point or anything basically its already been reformatted but it didnt finish maybe its around midway of the reset/reformat and it got stuck sadly i dont really know what to do

Reaction score
ok then try this old old - you have no batter, so you only use plug in.. just pull the plug, wait 10 s, plug in, if it restarts ok, do this 4 to 5 times, in the old way it would auto reset to boot to BIOS. then you can insert a USB and ask to change default and boot to the USB. it has to be Win PE, if not then take the HDD out. it has to boot to BIOS only thing left to do.... in bios you can do several things.
and the restore point is on the HDD so you do have one.
PS: unless you change the DEFAULT in BIOS, Acer is set to always look for USB first

Reaction score
Every Acer I have work on will Auto boot to WinPE disk, and recall the OP said it will not BOOT so seems to be he needs a BOOT DEVICE, to fix the non bootable OS. That is unless the person has removed in BIOS the option to BOOT into USB or DVD.

Reaction score
Every Acer I have work on will Auto boot to WinPE disk, and recall the OP said it will not BOOT so seems to be he needs a BOOT DEVICE, to fix the non bootable OS. That is unless the person has removed in BIOS the option to BOOT into USB or DVD.
Hi Snuffy,

he also mentioned he doesn't have a USB stick or DVD so this may well be a case of him getting one from a friend and booting from either a win 10 USB stick or Win 10 DVD if he can get his hands on one or the other!. ;)

Reaction score
From you posts, you obviously have access to the Internet, download the Media creation tool ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10) and it will then download the latest Windows, as an Iso. It will ask if you wish to download it to a usb or other media. You will, of course, need a USB plug or a bootable device as you computer is inaccessible
Sadly i dont have a USB or any way of getting one because its still quarantine

Reaction score
Does the computer you are using now have any way of connecting with the defunct, by cable? You could possibly do a fresh install from there.

Ask a Question