why is window store not working?

Reaction score
i bought recently, a HP ENVY laptop and since the first moment i tried to access the windows store it says that there's a problem at their end(error code 1) and to wait, but this has been going on for over a week, how long do i have to keep waiting or is there something i can do?
Please help

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Luxion,

There may have originally been an issue with the Windows Store server and perhaps your initial attempt to access this has got caught up in the Store app cache.

You could try a administrative reset of the Windows Store cache to see if that clears things and this allows you to access the Store via the app.

To do that:
  • In you Search box type wsrest
  • When you see the wsreset Run Command appear in search results right-click on this and choose run as administrator
  • Once it has run, restart your computer then see whether you can now access the Store

If for some reason it still refuses to run then go here to run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter provided by Microsoft which may help resolve the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...790db/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Ask a Question