Why is Windows 10 working so well on my pc

Reaction score
I recently installed Windows 10 Home on my pc with an OEM disc and it loaded incredibly quickly with zero hickups, required no additional drivers, updated automatically, activated automatically, and now operates flawlessly with nothing missing. I see all the problems folks have with their upgraded Windows and wonder why there is such a vast difference in experiences.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
Glad you like it
I only had to update one driver
Been running good as gold ever since now coming up to 6-7 weeks
now try mail and office 365 and 2016
they are even better

Bif

Reaction score
It's the typical MS roll of the dice,aside from a few minor issues my upgrade went very smoothly..and for the most part I really like 10.
I'm sorta a glass half full type of guy..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've lost count of the number of installs / upgrades I've performed for myself, friends, family members, and a few for old business clients.
I'm still waiting for my first big glitch.
I would love to have a login issue, or a reboot loop, or a printer problem, or a black screen with or without a cursor.
With one single problem with an old crappy program that would freeze (only the program froze, not the OS), I have had no issues with Windows 10 PC version (mobile has been a slightly different experience).
It's very hard sometimes to help with problems when you've not experienced them nor able to reproduce them and can be as frustrating to the helper as the problem is to the member asking for help.

Reaction score
It's the typical MS roll of the dice,aside from a few minor issues my upgrade went very smoothly..and for the most part I really like 10.
I'm sorta a glass half full type of guy..

That's an optimist, isn't it?

My glass is always half empty.

Bif

Reaction score
The glass is only half full as I drank the other half of 12 year old Scotch...then truth be told at that point I honestly don't care what Windows 10 does.;)
not that I condone drinking in any way shape or form..

scotch-glass.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just hope that it's Single Malt and not that blended crap.

Reaction score
One of my favourites!

Dunno about the fall, except that when I fall, I know I have had enough Malt for the day.

Reaction score
I would like to know why my system changed from a local login to requiring my MS account login on reboot. I had to trace down account settings once again and tell Windows to login to a local account.

Bif

Reaction score
I would like to know why my system changed from a local login to requiring my MS account login on reboot. I had to trace down account settings once again and tell Windows to login to a local account.
You can change how you want to login from accounts..you can either login with MS or Local...very easy to change/switch.

Reaction score
My complaint is it switched on it's own. Therefor forcing me to login with MS Account, when I had it set to local.

To complain further this would be a non-issue if there was a selection between the accounts during login. Here I am once again complaining about not having choices with Microsoft products. While some choices seem to have a mind of their own and automatically change at random times.

Reaction score
My 'production' machine updated and has run perfectly ever since. My Insider machines had assorted problems, mainly as some drivers were just not ready but since 10240 they are fine now.

As for the local or MS login I belive that TH-2 will allow the MS login to be used for Cortana only and the local login for everything else...which seems as good a solution as can be to make the resources Cortana needs available.

Reaction score
One of my favourites!

Dunno about the fall, except that when I fall, I know I have had enough Malt for the day.
Reminds me of a t-shirt I saw; " I DON'T HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM I DRINK I GET DRUNK I FALL DOWN NO PROBLEM " .

This explains some of the odd posts (Not yours) I have seen on this forum recently.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tim, there is no one answer. I have upgraded three Win 8 laptops to 8.1 and then 10 with no problems. My Win 7 desktop had a few minor issues.

Many of the problems are caused by clashes with advanced software including high-tech games. Some clashes are with hardware, such as SSDs, that were installed after the machine had been manufactured. But even then, most people have few or any problems with 10.

Why do we get so many problems here? Because we're a problem-solving forum.

Reaction score
I have a suspicion that recumbent Tim has become even more so. No postings anywhere since December.

Ask a Question