Why my nvme SSD giving maximum performance only while it's charging?

Reaction score
I'm using acer aspire 3 with ryzen 3 processor 3200u. I recently bought nvme SSD for my laptop but it's giving only 420mbps read and write speed. Recently I observed that, while my laptop was connected to the charger it was giving it's maximum performance 1500mbps read and write speeds. Even I turned off battery saver and kept the performance at best it's still giving just 420mbps speed. Is there any chance to get that speed on battery mode, without plugged in charger?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What brand NVMe SSD did you get? Is it the right Key type? I would put in a support ticket with your SSD mfg and see if they have an idea as to the issue. Then do the same with Acer and see if there's a specific brand NVMe you are supposed to use.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It could be a power profile setting. If you search for "edit power plan" on the start menu, then click "changed advanced settings", you may find an option to enable high performance mode for your nvme. However, it's likely throttled for good reason - i.e. it will only run in high performance mode while plugged in as it drains the battery much faster. You could try enabling high performance mode on battery, but you'll get a big battery life hit.

Reaction score
I'm using acer aspire 3 with ryzen 3 processor 3200u. I recently bought nvme SSD for my laptop but it's giving only 420mbps read and write speed. Recently I observed that, while my laptop was connected to the charger it was giving it's maximum performance 1500mbps read and write speeds. Even I turned off battery saver and kept the performance at best it's still giving just 420mbps speed. Is there any chance to get that speed on battery mode, without plugged in charger?
I would suggest to review your power settings and also enable “TRIM” for your SSD in Win-10 see here: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/simple-questions-what-trim-ssds-why-it-useful as that is an additional thing that is useful for SSD’s and it will speed it up.

Reaction score
Yes same problem with my HP 15s gr0011au laptop

Reaction score
Yes i am facing same issue with my hp laptop modal number HP 15s gr0011au

Reaction score
What brand NVMe SSD did you get? Is it the right Key type? I would put in a support ticket with your SSD mfg and see if they have an idea as to the issue. Then do the same with Acer and see if there's a specific brand NVMe you are supposed to use.
HP 15S GR0011AU SAME PROBLEM

Reaction score
Yes same issue with hp laptop gr0011au

Ask a Question