Wi-fi dropping files - downloading speed very slow

Reaction score
Hi Gang, Sure could use some help. Downloading speeds are very slow (1O2 -220KBS compared to the 375MBS) SPECTRUM is sending. Also, it keeps dropping out the previous download if I try to make up for the lack of speed by downloading multiple files at the same time. I'm using EDGE and ARRIS G34 WIFI & MODEM I talked to their tech support and, after checking my cables and resetting the modem, they want me to check (or change) my browser. I have no idea ow to do that and I,m not sure if I have to. Can you Help?

Reaction score
Changing the Browser is relatively easy, just install a different one such as Chromium [not the same as Google Chrome], SeaMonkey, Firefox, Vivaldi, Opera, several available on www.majorgeeks.com [a site I frequently use without issues]. Your mention of downloading multiple files at the same time harkens back to the Dial-Up Internet services provided over a phone line, quite slow at single-digit speeds so due to the bandwidth limit was best to download only one file at a time. My wife always complained about slowness when we used Windows 98SE's new ICS [Internet Connection Sharing] and I downloaded files on my computer.

Reaction score
Yes sir Bighorn! I Remember those days well. Downloading with a 300 BAUD modem was quite a chore!
I am hoping that I won't have to change Browsers though. I feel comfortable with edge and, since I don't see anyone slse with this problem, i have a feeling it is not the browser that is the problem. It will, however be good to know that, if I have to, I can go to the url you sent me .

Ask a Question