SOLVED WiFi 5G not visible

Reaction score
WiFi 5G not visible on my PC but visible on iPad and iPhone. Only 2.4G visible and useable.

Reaction score
The issue [may not be a problem per se] is most likely the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter in the computer is not fully capable but then nothing was given as to the make and model of the computer and its resources.

Reaction score
Or that 5Ghz is turned off in the properties of the adapter. Take a look in device manager.

Reaction score
The issue [may not be a problem per se] is most likely the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter in the computer is not fully capable but then nothing was given as to the make and model of the computer and its resources.

ASUS E403S
TP-Link Archer C9 Dual band gigabit router

Reaction score
Or that 5Ghz is turned off in the properties of the adapter. Take a look in device manager.

Could not find anything specific to 5Ghz in device manager, and excuse my Swedish

Attachments

• Device_Manager.PNG
    Device_Manager.PNG
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Properties.PNG
    Properties.PNG
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,825
Reaction score
I know from experience that the Archer C9 can do just about everything a router should do...a friend has one.
Looking at the specifications of the Asus it says 802.11 b/g/n That it does not say a or ac I'd guess that it does not have 5Ghz capability.

The Atheros website is not helpful on the 9465 only shows a 946x with no details although there is a W10 32 bit and 64 bit driver for it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some adapters have a whole list of stuff under properties. Most of it should be left alone but there could be an on/off for 5Ghz...but even if the chip and driver can do it there might not be a 5Ghz antenna in the laptop.

Reaction score
Perhaps your ISP does not have 5G capability?

Ipad and IPhone would not be , necessarily, using your connection, but could be on a cellular, as with your mobile phone, where 5G is probably available.

Reaction score
Perhaps your ISP does not have 5G capability?

Ipad and IPhone would not be , necessarily, using your connection, but could be on a cellular, as with your mobile phone, where 5G is probably available.

Dave, the OP means 5GHz WiFi. I don't think anywhere has 5G mobile yet as the specs are nowhere near final

Reaction score
Qualcomm Atheros AR946x is dual-band, 2.4 & 5.0 GHz.
Click Wifi icon in system tray. It should show both bands & which one you are connected to.
If it shows the 2.4 & not the 5.0, you have a hardware problem with the wifi card.

I'e bought new dual-band wifi cards & the 5.0 band is non-functional.

Ask a Question