WiFi and ethernet together

Reaction score
I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both WiFi and ethernet in tandem. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to tell me that I can only access the internet through one of these, up to my bandwidth limit, but that's not what I mean.

I'd like to access the internet through my WiFi connection, yet have a wired connection through my router to access the files on the other computers in my house. Is this even possible?

Reaction score
I have Ethernet & Wi-Fi both running simultaneously, on watching my Task Manager/Performance the Internet is mainly using the Ethernet Connection,
my reason for running the two together is for my TV & Tab to connect to router for Internet Access,
also my Tab is able to connect to my two PC's via Wi-Fi & my TV can stream media from either PC & Tab,

each device has a static ip, on my PC's I renamed the connections from 'Ethernet' to 'Wired XXXXXX' & from 'Wi-Fi' to 'Wi-Fi XXXXXX' where XXXXXX is the name of my network connection

Reaction score
I was wondering if it's possible to utilize both WiFi and ethernet in tandem. I'm pretty sure some of you are going to tell me that I can only access the internet through one of these, up to my bandwidth limit, but that's not what I mean.

I'd like to access the internet through my WiFi connection, yet have a wired connection through my router to access the files on the other computers in my house. Is this even possible?

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, however, someone might find it useful.
This is a simple adjustment to Ethernet LAN priority settings in Windows 10.
Follow these simple steps below and both devices will be functioning concurrently.

1. Go to network and sharing center in control panel.
2. Select change adapter settings
3. Right click on your Ethernet device and select properties on popup menu.
4. In properties menu, click configure button.
5. When configure menu, select advanced tab.
6. In advanced menu, under property list, look for "Priority & Vlan" and select it.
7. Look in value list to the right and select disable toggle.
8. Click Ok, on your way back out of menus and wait 15 seconds until system updates new value.

You have just disabled your Ethernet LAN priority so it will function together with your WIFI.
Good luck!

Reaction score
I am studying Computer Science at a university where I have 100mbps ethernet and 100mbps wifi available in my dorm. I have always been using the ethernet for everything as its way more stable when downloading games than wifi which fluctuates a lot. I wanted to combine both of them to increase my speed and looked online and found that i have to make a network bridge so that both the connections get combined. The steps are as below:
  1. Go to Control Panel and click Network and Internet.
  2. Click Network and Sharing Center.
  3. On the left column click change adapter settings.
  4. Select both the connections and right click to see options. Click network bridge.
  5. Windows will automatically make a network bridge and you are done.
Have a good day!

Reaction score
I am studying Computer Science at a university where I have 100mbps ethernet and 100mbps wifi available in my dorm. I have always been using the ethernet for everything as its way more stable when downloading games than wifi which fluctuates a lot. I wanted to combine both of them to increase my speed and looked online and found that i have to make a network bridge so that both the connections get combined. The steps are as below:
  1. Go to Control Panel and click Network and Internet.
  2. Click Network and Sharing Center.
  3. On the left column click change adapter settings.
  4. Select both the connections and right click to see options. Click network bridge.
  5. Windows will automatically make a network bridge and you are done.
Have a good day!
I'd thought that this was a solution in the past, but when I'd tried it all that happened was that all connectivity (internet, network) was lost.

Reaction score
since the ethernet and wifi come from the same Router - I do not see how you can get more than 100 mb. also i have on the same system
2 different ethernet cards and 1 wifi card... any one of them give me the MAX allowed by my Router never more. and i have not seen my wifi
connection fluctuate. bridged or not I have never achieved more speed that the Router will allow. (I have had the ISP up the allowed SPEED for some TESTING. these speeds can be seen by viewing the internal logs of the router.....

Reaction score
Is there any updates about using multiple connections such as wifi, LAN cable, dogle simultaneously without 3rd party apps on windows 10? Thought I tried a lot I only found that inetfusion and speedify working on this matter, but not free at all. Does someone know a solution like changing settings or policies or free 3rd party app? What I need is to always be connected to the internet by multiple active connections..

Reaction score
I'd imagine all you need to do is bridge connections to pair them into a single channel, fairly common practice at server level equipment

Ask a Question