Ethernet and wifi both have error 'invalid IP configuration'

Reaction score
Hello,

Router is working and internet is on, as tested on my phone. But the win 10 pc cannot get internet access. I have tested both ethernet and wifi using a dongle, same error both times.

I have checked ipv4 properties and all the DNS stuff is set to automatic.

I can't find any further ideas from browsing forums.

I have tried restarting both the pc and router.

Please halp!

Reaction score
Have you run the diagnostic yet?? open "network and sharing center" then click on the connection you want to diagnose then click on diagnostic. Sometimes the diagnostic,if it has found some errors, will reset the device (network card or Wifi card). Usually, at least for me, it helped getting online again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Double check
services.msc
AND confirm that both DHCP Client and DNS Client services are both running and set to automatic.
Using your phone is not always the best diagnostic tool as any phone with a data plan will connect without a wifi connection, unless you are removing your SIM card and testing with only wireless.
Do you have another computer to use to test your environment?

In the past, I've used this (portable version) http://www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/
with some success. Once you've extracted the zip file run the appropriate version for your system architecture and It'll pretty much reset everything, if you just check all the boxes and click the Go button.

Finally... IF you have any third party security suite installed, you might consider uninstalling that temporarily, to see if it might be the issue.

Reaction score
Yes run the diagnostic, it didn't help. And the phones are defo using wifi (can tell from speedtest).

Will communicate (it's actually my dad's computer not mine) about running the internet repair software and checking services.msc.

Ask a Question