WiFi/Internet Issue after upgrade.

Reaction score
Hello all

So I upgraded a few days ago to w10 and overall im very happy with it thus far, coming from w7 home premium. I did have a few issues after installation, but I sorted them out, except one. and its a big one lol

My wifi is shot to hell. Now, dont get me wrong, it works, but its in a frustratingly poor state compared to on w7.

Essentially every time I try and load a webpage it will not load all elements of the webpage. I.e. I'll just get the text without the graphics. If i have something running in the background that is a bandwidth hog like steam downloading a game for example then webpages will immediately fail to load. and will continue to fail to load until I pause the download in Steam, or Uplay etc, whatever it is that is actively downloading something. for example, I know I will need to pause a download I am currently running on Uplay before hitting submit on this thread or it will insta-fail.

Having a hardline directly to the computer from the router is not really an option owing to the layout of our home. I have a Asus wifi dongle and have already verified that it has the latest available driver for it installed on the system.

This is my only real annoyance since upgrading, but it is a big one, cause it essentially means my internet access is compromised severely. I have looked online and many people seem to have had issues with the wifi since upgrading, but none seem to have had my specific issue, which has made troubleshooting more frustrating.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am going to work soon though so if I dont reply for a day or so please dont think me rude. I will definitely be checking back.

thanks guys.

Ask a Question