SOLVED Will not print.

Reaction score
Windows 10, 64 bit, HP Deskjet 3752.

My wife's computer has stopped printing using Wordpad and Notepad. When using Notepad, trying to print generates the message: "Invalid Handle". The print job does not go into the que. When I troubleshoot with HP Troubleshooter, it will print a test page with no problem.

It may be a Red Herring, but when I tried to download LibreOffice, it downloads, installs, but it does not put an icon on the screen despite having the box checked that requests it do so.

What I have tried so far: I have downloaded the latest print driver. I have checked to make sure her printer is set to default. I have made sure that her printer is selected. I have run System Restore and restored the computer to previous to the last Windows 10 update (10/11/2019, yesterday). I have run my virus program to make sure of no virus involvement.

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Does your Wife's computer belong to both a User Group and an Administrator group?

That can cause issues when it comes to shared networks or network folders.

• Failing that, have you considered completely uninstalling the HP printer, and also disconnecting it from the computer, then shutting down that computer and restarting it without printer attached. Then, attaching the printer and reinstalling its drivers?

There is a particular Registry key that may be present too on your wife's computer - especially if it formally had Windows 7 installed on it.

Can you confirm for me, whether or not this value is present:
  • Type command into search box and press enter to open the Command Prompt console
  • At the prompt type or copy & paste the following command, then press Enter to execute

Code:
    reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System"

Sample image of the result you ought to see

sample.png

What I want to know though is whether apart from the above you also see this value present:

LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy

If that value is present does it have a 0x0 or 0x1 data value?

Reaction score
I disconnected the printer cable, uninstalled the printer, shut the computer down, reconnected the printer cable, reinstalled the printer as per your instructions and it worked. Thank you very much. My wife can print again.

Ask a Question