Will we have Windows 11?

Reaction score
after windows 10 is windows 11, right?
It has been a common theme since 2014 that Windows 10 is the last major version, will just be ongoing/periodic Version Upgrades with with each followed by numerous Build updates, as we've been seeing since then.

But then a lot of folks thought that of Apple's Mac OS X and now it has been renamed to macOS with that being called Sierra and with High Sierra following soon if not already.

Reaction score
Inkedweatherpredicting_LI.jpg

Reaction score
after windows 10 is windows 11, right?
if Microsoft had followed the designations of Windows, the Fall Creators Upgrade would have been already Windows 14 ( 15, if they jump Windows 9 as they did). Since they compete with Apple they stuck with Windows 10 as the last(?) Windows ever build... Though that can change at a moments notice...... as so often....

Reaction score
I'm quite happy with Windows, IOS and android. However what worries me is when MS decides it need that $200 per every other year or so for the upgrade. This is what I fear.

Reaction score
Clintlgm I believe you are correct, MS have us all now by the short and curly's. I still think the main goal for MS was introduce a new free OS (Win 10) and get rid of all of the pirated copies of Windows O/S XP, Win 7, Win 8...

Reaction score
I'm quite happy with Windows, IOS and android. However what worries me is when MS decides it need that $200 per every other year or so for the upgrade. This is what I fear.
When that happens, I will move to Linux full-time!. :) Solus is a good candidate or even the new (improved) Ubuntu Vanilla version (17.10). There will be no 32 bit version of Ubuntu though!.

Reaction score
"When.that happens, I will move to Linux full-time!"
I don't with honesty, think it will happen But should it, I will have no alternative but to move to Linux. I do not have a budget large enough to accommodate charges for "renting" the OS

Reaction score
Looking at the April 1, 2017 date of the post
They plan to just keep upgrading Windows 10 so there won't be a version 11 in the foreseeable future. That said, we are talking about MicroScrap here so who knows?.

There will be a Windows 12 though according to the following link:

http://windowsreport.com/microsoft-windows-12/ :)
I'd look at the date of the linked article and a statement about it near the bottom of the writing. Some countries/cultures call it All Fools Day.

Reaction score
HI Bighorn,

I never even read down that far as I was in a hurry!. :D

Well spotted mate!. :):):)

Hi @davehc ,

according to the box we all tick when installing Windblows, we only rent Windblows anyway!, they have the right to spy on us and snoop around our filing system as they see fit so it would seem!. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Reaction score
By renting, as I know it, I mean paying a regular fee!
Quote:
Dict

Pay someone for the use of
or
(of an owner) allow someone to use (something) in return for payment

Reaction score
By renting, as I know it, I mean paying a regular fee!
Quote:
Dict

Pay someone for the use of
or
(of an owner) allow someone to use (something) in return for payment
We are paying MS Dave, we pay them by feeding them our usage statistics so they can find more ways of making money out of us!. By that I mean targeted ads and non-free software in their Store!. :) (Examples).

Reaction score
As long as it remains legal for Microsoft to mine our data, it should remain free. The proof of this (sort of) is you can still upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 for free, and still have Windows 10 activate (at least as of a month ago). This isn't by accident.

Ask a Question