Will we have Windows 11?

Reaction score
I would go for a thin Windows 11 version that has all the security, speed ups and good stuff but without , or more likely, easily uninstalled, edge, cortana, skype,, Windows Store and most of the stuff like games, weather, Groove and so on.

I know that you can achieve that state with W10 but it is tedious and has to be redone every major release.
I think what your looking for is Windows 10S

Reaction score
More like Window 2000 Server Vs Windows 2000 pro. The standard UI plus the server stuff. but without the frilly bits. Maybe W10S without the store limitations. No Edge for example, regular Office.

Or perhaps the way Window NT 4.0 was, tough, unforgiving and no fancy dance steps built in...and once you got used to it fast and productive ( fast by the standards of CPUs back then)

Reaction score
Tim That's on my wish list too. I have no time for Edge or any of MS apps, the only app I use regularly is "The Weather Network"

Reaction score
I don't believe it will be called anything else if or until it's a completely cloud OS.

Reaction score
Clintlgm I believe you are correct, MS have us all now by the short and curly's. I still think the main goal for MS was introduce a new free OS (Win 10) and get rid of all of the pirated copies of Windows O/S XP, Win 7, Win 8...

But Windows 10 isn't free. It's was free if you have a valid Windows 7 or 8.1 license and upgraded within the timeframe MS allowed. It wasn't free if you buy a new machine or buying Windows 10 OEM or retail by it's self.

Reaction score
It wasn't free if you buy a new machine or buying Windows 10 OEM or retail by it's self.
But due to licensing agreements with Microsoft the OEMs may not reveal just how much of the Windows cost was embedded in the price of the computer, and that goes for most OEM sales for the last bunch of years. Seldom did they reveal that Microsoft Works cost about $50 but the optional Microsoft Works Suite with Word usually was listed in the invoice, about $100.

Reaction score
Well with the windows 10 image changing so often I think they expect everyone to just download the latest Image from Media Creation Tool. And they all have a recovery partition that will bring the computer back to factory shipped condition. Not sure about any other brands but Asus has a folder on the root of C: eSupport that contains all the original drivers and software that original as shipped installed. With the imaging software available these days there is no reason to ship a DVD with a computer any longer. Seem the Notebook I bought in 2012 came with a program that had your create your own recovery media at that time it was about 5 DVD or 1 BD. The one I have now bought in 2016 Dec only had a recovery partition and the manual suggested to download the windows image from MCT if I need it. I had been using Macrium Reflect for a few years by then so I never thought a thing about it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
"Will we have Windows 11?"
Nope, but.....
I think in approximately 77 years we might have Windows 95 again.

Ask a Question