Win 10 Update problem

Reaction score
A short while after I upgraded to win10, I encountered a problem to where all of my connected monitors would stop receiving a signal, forcing me to do a soft reset, after I do that, and windows boots up, it tells me it is configuring updates and didn't even warn me that I needed to restart my computer, let alone save my work...

Could someone tell me how to fix this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
where all of my connected monitors would stop receiving a signal
May very well have been Windows Updates, upgrading your video adapater driver.
Could someone tell me how to fix this?
As far as I know there is pretty much no real fix for it. I'm pretty sure Windows Updates are going to remain automatic, especially for Home version users.
Pro users can look into settings, update & security, advanced options, defer upgrades
Some Windows 10 editions let you defer upgrades to your PC. When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won’t be downloaded or installed for several months. Deferring upgrades doesn’t affect security updates. Note that deferring upgrades will prevent you from getting the latest Windows features as soon as they’re available.
SOURCE: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

Reaction score
I even have it set to notify me to schedule a restart... It doesn't appear to work at all.

P.S. I have now enabled the defer upgrades option, and will see if that helps.

Ask a Question