SOLVED Windows 10 1903 loss of user account login

Reaction score
Hi I downloaded the Features update and my login screen only has a login for USER not my account. All my files are intact so I am struggling to login. I decided to uninstall the update and also the "Quality update as well but I am still unable to login. My user account is listed by Windows as a Local System Account and is in Family And Other users. Both my account and the USER account are Administrators.

Reaction score
I cant seem to edit my post. This is an update. I have managed to login. I booted up this morning and was met with just the login for the other account USER. So I tried to login again using the Windows key and the L key. At the left hand side corner bottom of the display there was an option to select the USER account or my account login. Maybe I missed that as there was a photo landscape, not a clear screen. Anyway why would MIcrosoft place the login out of the way? Next step is to check that I can login again. And also update to the Quality? Update 1903.
I have updates all up to date now and can login OK.

Last edited:

Ask a Question