Windows 10 activation

Reaction score
I have 3 Dell PCs all running Windows 7 Pro with correct licence keys - have installed Windows 10 on each one OK. I then used a keyfinder programme which tells me the activation code for each installation of Window 10 is exactly the same!!! Why is this?? The copies all say they are activated correctly.
I believe 10s activation is linked to the hardware and since these 3 PCs are identical is that why I get the same key for all 3?
What happens if I need to reinstall again after a system crash?
Martin

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Your upgrades are activated courtesy of a "Digital Entitlement" which means you had a previously qualifying version of Windows installed when you performed the upgrade.
The "product key" that you are discovering has no particular significance with respect to your upgraded computers as the installation is linked to the computer and you are free to reinstall when you like, for the life of that computer, as long as you don't violate the terms and conditions regarding the replacement of too much hardware and turning it into another computer all together.

Ask a Question