SOLVED windows 10 and pin number

Reaction score
I am getting a blue screen telling me to select a pin number. I cant go anywhere else or close it out. I do not want a pin number,I already have a password. How do I get past this.I do not use cortana or edge.I forced a shut down and when I opened it up again it went straight to my desktop. I dont like to use the force button

Reaction score
You should get a choice of how to log in, both on the initial sign in for starting Windows and on the Lock Screen. Usually if the PIN doesn't work one can use the Password in use when the PIN was established. Might check Settings, Accounts for yourself and see what is in use.

Reaction score
I get the password log in at least once a month but then I get the blue scree with only choosing a pin. Nothing else. No way to get back or out

Reaction score
Hi,

are you running the latest version of Windows 10 (currently ver: 2004)?. Did you do any major updates lately that might have caused this?. Have you tried using Advanced Start-up Options and troubleshooting?. :)

Read from " If you can't boot Windows 10 ".

Reaction score
As Bighorn says.
Settings - Accounts - Sign in options.
Make sure you have the "Password" option. Click it and see if there is anything you need to check.

Reaction score
Maybe dumb, but, fwiw, i have the same "Pin" as the password - saves remembering to things..lol :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hi,

are you running the latest version of Windows 10 (currently ver: 2004)?. Did you do any major updates lately that might have caused this?. Have you tried using Advanced Start-up Options and troubleshooting?. :)

Read from " If you can't boot Windows 10 ".

Thank you so much for all this information. I have bookmarked the page for future reference.
Windows started normally this morning,so maybe it fixed itself.
Is there a way tho to close windows when there is no option to close it.?I tried the alt F4 and the windows key plus R,but they did not work
As Bighorn says.
Settings - Accounts - Sign in options.
Make sure you have the "Password" option. Click it and see if there is anything you need to check.
Yes I do have the password option checked.Thank you

Reaction score
" Is there a way tho to close windows when there is no option to close it "
Close it from where? Dektop or sign in? There are several options.

Reaction score
Is there a way tho to close windows when there is no option to close it
Hi,

as Dave said, there are several options here. :)

Reaction score
Thank you for all the information. I will keep it for future reference. Right now I do not have the Blue screen(Thank heaven)but when I did there was no top or bottom bar. All I had was the blue screen.I have checked the settings and made sure I have password checked.So i guess I'm good for now. Thank you all for the help.

Reaction score
Hi,

glad to hear it, please mark the thread as solved so it helps others. :)

Ask a Question