Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Issue

Reaction score
Hi all I'm just finding out any one done the W10 update anniversary edition I did all the updates etc rebooted now I've been waiting 3 hours at spinning circle I'm running a Toshiba L850 1tb 16gb ram at 3ghz

Reaction score
Well that was one way of wasting a morning.
The update completely screwed things up couldn't use my mouse whatever i clicked on just got a spinning circle and wouldn't open any program's.
Most of my apps didn't work.
Thankfully a did manage to go back to previous build and that's where i am staying.
I had less trouble when i upgraded from W 7 to W10. :( o_O

Reaction score
I was unable to install I've waited 3 hours still nothing and I just rebooted and restored previous version

Reaction score
Mine just keeps loading and loading. 100% downloaded then starts over at 1% again. At least on its 4th cycle.

Reaction score
Geez! Have you ever seen as many problems. I'm dreading the update both home and Pro. Haven't seen anything of it yet and from what problems I've seen on here today. I wish I could defer it forever. Put Bill back in charge.

Reaction score
Same problem here. Running 10 Pro. Shut down the pc when it was stuck at 75% and the old version was restored.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From what I've been reading around the web.....
Some of the old tricks still seem to work to get the update to complete.
Disconnecting from the internet after the first reboot, seems to lead the list. Remove Ethernet cable, or wireless dongle, for integrated wireless I suppose one might have to resort to turning off the wireless router (IDK).
Other recommendations are of course to uninstall any third party security suites, remove any and all connected USB peripherals including all wireless dongles, USB Printers, etc., leaving only a USB wired mouse and USB wired keyboard and of course your monitor.
Personally, I just performed the install from the ISO completely off line. Choosing not to download any recent updates during the installation.

Reaction score
Well!. Here's one for Microsoft idiots to check out. I started the Media Creation Tool to install Windows 10 Anniversary Update at about 9:45 am today....8/3. It went OK till it started the "Whirly Wheel" and I let it do it's thing till 4:00 pm. It was a black screen with the Whirly Wheel moving, so, I taped on the PC with my 12 pound fist and it started....message showing it was reverting back to my previous OS. Wound you like to guess what OS it reverted back to? Here's a lint....what number comes after six (6). Yep!, I'm back to Windows 7 Home and it didn't take but five minutes to get back the best OS Microsoft ever had.

Yes, I was running Windows 10 Home before I started the Anniversary Update bit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mine just keeps loading and loading. 100% downloaded then starts over at 1% again. At least on its 4th cycle.
I left my laptop alone for a couple more hours until I heard the usual Windows 'burp' and went over to see what was happening. It was half way thru the update ("52% and don't turn your power off"). About a half hour later it was all done.
Plan to leave my home office PC for another day.

Reaction score
I used the Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 Anniversary Update on my HP PC with Windows 10 Home. It only taken about 10 minutes at the most to get it all installed...Update version 1607. OS Build 14343.10
Not the case with my other HP PC with Windows 10 PRO....that would be now Windows 7 Pro back on the computer.

Reaction score
Tried it on one machine - error ending in 70057 (Can't remember the rest). On another one, it did it rebooted and was back with version 494. I'm leaving it to try once more then that's it.

Reaction score
I did it again and watched it this time (isnstead of going for a cuppa). It got through to 100%, rebooted, flashed the screen a couple of times, rebooted and was then at the old version as if nothing had happened. When I checked in the update history, there was no sign that it had even attempted it.

I'll not bother.....

Reaction score
I think this Windows 10 AU Update is a crock of doo doo from Microsoft. On one of my three computers...the PC with Windows 10 Home, there is very little if any I can tell that changed from Build 1511 to 1706. So, for me I will leave the other two PC's as is with WIN 10 Pro, and the wife's Dell Laptop with WIN 10 Home. Until I see something worth upgrading, like a all different OS and a blank check for me to write in the amount to be deposited in my bank account.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Being ultra careful, I've set my 2 perfectly running machines on 1511 to NOT attempt the upgrade to 1607 for 6 months, which you can do with W10 Pro. Let issues settle down for a while.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Being ultra careful, I've set my 2 perfectly running machines on 1511 to NOT attempt the upgrade to 1607 for 6 months, which you can do with W10 Pro. Let issues settle down for a while.
How do you apply the stop upgrade i would like to do that indefinitely. o_O

Reaction score
If running W10 Pro you can ONLY delay UPGRADES for up to 12 months and UPDATES for up to 4 weeks. 1607 is considered an upgrade from 1511.
This is done by editing Local Group Policy, type gpedit.msc in the desktop search box then drill down: Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update/Defer Upgrades and Updates. Enable this then set the duration to 8 months for upgrades (actually 4+8=12) and 4 weeks for updates. Then click Apply.

Reaction score
If running W10 Pro you can ONLY delay UPGRADES for up to 12 months and UPDATES for up to 4 weeks. 1607 is considered an upgrade from 1511.
This is done by editing Local Group Policy, type gpedit.msc in the desktop search box then drill down: Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Update/Defer Upgrades and Updates. Enable this then set the duration to 8 months for upgrades (actually 4+8=12) and 4 weeks for updates. Then click Apply.
Thanks now done. :)
I already have updates set to notify to install
upload_2016-8-5_11-21-6.png

Ask a Question