Windows 10 Anniversary Edition Not Accepting Password

Reaction score
I upgraded my PC to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition two days ago. When I attempt to log on following a cold startup, the operating system will not recognize and accept my password. Instead of displaying the WELCOME page and then taking me directly into my desktop, it simply returns to the log on page again, as though I had not loaded in the password at all. However if I do a restart, it sometimes recognizes and accepts my password, and takes me into the desktop without any problem. But this never happens when I do a cold startup and enter my password. Has anyone else had this problem with Windows 10 Anniversary Edition? Does anyone know the cause and how to fix the problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
When the problem occurs, have you used the "Eye" icon on the right side of the password box to inspect the password that is being enter to confirm that it is being entered exactly as you are typing it for the account name being displayed?
Are you using a wireless / Bluetooth keyboard?
Have you tried using the Easy of Access icon on the sign-in page to use the On Screen Keyboard to enter your password?

Ask a Question