Windows 10 auto updates

Reaction score
I have yet to commit to Windows 10 as I am watching as bugs are being fixed. No rush here.. Running Windows 7 on my desktop PC plus 8.1 on my laptop. The laptop is the issue here. I have been told that auto updating in windows 10 can not be turned off as in 7 and 8.,1. I take my laptop away in the RV and I am unable to do updates due to the poor bandwidth in the resorts and the cost per gig of running a separate connection via a cell link. So, up to now, I turn It off until, if I am lucky, I find a library close by, or a Starbucks etc to do this.

Input on this would be appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
That is what I am concerned about. My HOME service is not a problem as I have never reached any kind of cap even though I do a lot of uploading and downloading with Dropbox. My concern is when I am away from a good service which is about half of the year when I am on the road. Being in full control of when and what is updated is extremely important. It would be ok if I could afford to have a large amount of GIGs available as I travel. Last year I paid 60 dollars for 3 Gigs through a Verizon hotspot. Each year we look for less expensive options. The resorts we frequent get so full that their is no way near enough band-width to do anything demanding at all. I will likely just stay with Windows 8.1 as long as I can. Thanks!!!

Ask a Question