SOLVED Windows 10 automatically disconects from VPN server

Reaction score
I am connecting to the VPN server with Windows 10 built-in provider using L2TP/IPsec protocol withusername/password and a Pre Shared Key. Everything is fine except the fact that every 1.5 hours it disconnects automatically. Then I have to go to VPN settings again and press the Connect button to connect to the VPN server.

My friend doesn't experience this problem while connecting to this VPN server from his MacBook. This is a very big issue, that can compromise the privacy of a user. Can someone tell me the reason behind this behavior and how can I fix that?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You might try having a look in Device Manager.
Expand network adapters, select the adapter you are using, then right click and choose properties.
Select the Power Management Tab from along the top and make sure that the box that says something like "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You might try having a look in Device Manager.
Expand network adapters, select the adapter you are using, then right click and choose properties.
Select the Power Management Tab from along the top and make sure that the box that says something like "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked.

There is no power management tab there :(
Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Those are basically software constructs which ride on the support of the underlying physical device, in your case probably either the Intel wireless or the Realtek PCIe device(s)

Ask a Question