Windows 10 BSOD

Reaction score
Hello.

As the title says i'm having some trouble with BSOD. It happens when I'm watching Twitch/playing games.

For some time i assumed it was GPU getting too hot, i instaled Rivatuner+Hwinfo to keep a eye on that, and it never went over 67 C (Radeon GPU). CPU doesn't seen like it .(around 52C)

I tried to update the BIOS and reset it to default configuration, only changing it to enable my RAID 0.
Used memtest86+ to test the RAM, 3 pass and not a single error.

I just don't know what to do.
Memory dump link: https://mega.nz/#!bBg3WSJJ!tz2T7vSXeNnL_RigQTUWsu4NxEC10bk8oVZ_Z1acuEY
And the MSI Afterburn is to control the gpu fan speed, no overclock was made.

Thanks for the attention.
Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

Reaction score
These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.
If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not
1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)

Reaction score
These crashes were related to memory corruption (probably caused by a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem. Please run verifier first. You do not need to run memtest yet unless verifier does not find the cause, or you want to.
If you are over-clocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!! If you do not know what this means you probably are not
1-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)

2-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)
I followed the link for Driver verifier. When i restarted the computer it failed to start windows. Had to roll back for a backup point.
Should i try it again?

And about the Memtest. I used Memtest 86+ early and made 3 pass and no error was pointed.

Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

PS: on the test they say to not check "DDI compliance checking" in my windows it showed a "DDI compliance checking(additional)". I left it unchecked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You may want to check to see if a DMP file was created when verifier was running. You can also check for a full MEMORY.DMP located @ C:\windows. I suspect it is a 3rd party driver and for memtest to be vald you need to run it for 6-8 passes.

Reaction score
You may want to check to see if a DMP file was created when verifier was running. You can also check for a full MEMORY.DMP located @ C:\windows. I suspect it is a 3rd party driver and for memtest to be vald you need to run it for 6-8 passes.
I rolled the system back to a restore point. The dump in the windows folder is from 2/2/2016.

The non microsoft drivers that showed in the verifier are these:
drivers.jpg

Should i run the memtest again, for 8 passes? I should use 1 or all the cores?

Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

PS: I was googling it now, and a question came up. You think it may be a problem with my Raid 0?
PS2: Tried to make the test again and that error showed: Driver_verifier_detected_violation(Scsiport.sys)

EDIT: Image with the drivers i forgot, below the ones of microsoft.

Attachments

• drivers.jpg
    drivers.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
Reaction score
Update: The Driver_verifier_detected_violation(Scsiport.sys) error happens as soon as it start the windows(right after the logo appear with the balls image showing it's loading)
I can bypass the error using safe mode but no dump or minidump file is created.

Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

Reaction score
So.... No answer?

But i think part of the last one was because Xcom2 poor optimization.
I followed a tutorial (part 6) and it looked like it fixed most of it. But then i got a BSOD earlier.
https://mega.nz/#!PYBViKKb!blLdHB1eSNoMvq5vbrVt7rTWGeWgGYHgmRKyVL-2lP0

Seens like de Graphic driver crashed. What's strange, i play way heavier games,Planetside2/fallout4/witcher3, and it doesn't bsod. What also doesn't explain why sometimes i crash while watching Twitch.

Any suggestions?(I think i will run the memtest today at night should i run with one core or with all of them?)

Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

Reaction score
So... i used Memtest86+ with all cores enabled and apparently it froze.
Didn't have the time to run the tests again with only a single core, i have a phenom X6 1090t.

The test freezing can mean anything? If so probably what?

And still, the first test, the verifier, if i follow that tutorial it bsod before the windows load and don't create any dump file. So... there's nothing i can do?

Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have the same processor on a gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Rev 2.1 motherboard and I had fits with BSODs when I used all four memory slots.
A quick test you might try is to see if it runs with a single stick.
Then two, then three.
I have no idea what your current memory configuration might be so, I'm just passing along my experience with that processor and its' on core memory controller.

You should probably test with a single module at a time (memtest86+) and see what happens.
If it's not the memory, you may have a different problem, with it Blue Screening immediately and not creating a dump file.
You may need to see if there is a BIOS update for your specific board available from the manufacturer and consider investigating your Power Supply for performance problems, it may be letting you down and need replacing.

Reaction score
I have the same processor on a gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 Rev 2.1 motherboard and I had fits with BSODs when I used all four memory slots.
A quick test you might try is to see if it runs with a single stick.
Then two, then three.
I have no idea what your current memory configuration might be so, I'm just passing along my experience with that processor and its' on core memory controller.

You should probably test with a single module at a time (memtest86+) and see what happens.
If it's not the memory, you may have a different problem, with it Blue Screening immediately and not creating a dump file.
You may need to see if there is a BIOS update for your specific board available from the manufacturer and consider investigating your Power Supply for performance problems, it may be letting you down and need replacing.
The info about the config
rigINfo.jpg

I noticed i swapped 2 of my memory(ram 2 with ram 3), I will try to swap these back
I have the last BIOS.
And about the mem test with 1, 2, 3 and 4 sticks i should run it with a single core or with all of them?

And the BSOD Immediatly happens when i use verifier. and the message: The Driver_verifier_detected_violation(Scsiport.sys) shows. You think it may be a problem with the driver of the raid 0?

Anyway thanks, for the attention and help.
Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

PS: i went to doublecheck if they have a newer BIOS and it looks like my version, 3030, is the "beta", even after 2 years, I should instal the 3029?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
And about the mem test with 1, 2, 3 and 4 sticks i should run it with a single core or with all of them?
You can of course start with all 4 sticks. If it starts producing errors right away then you should probably run it again with only three sticks as a test.
Ideally you would test individual sticks in individual slots to make sure everything was good to go.
I think you need to turn of Driver Verifier for now until you confirm that your memory sticks are all good and pass with flying colors after running 6 passes of memtest86+ with all four slots populated.

Reaction score
You can of course start with all 4 sticks. If it starts producing errors right away then you should probably run it again with only three sticks as a test.
Ideally you would test individual sticks in individual slots to make sure everything was good to go.
I think you need to turn of Driver Verifier for now until you confirm that your memory sticks are all good and pass with flying colors after running 6 passes of memtest86+ with all four slots populated.
No i mean, in memtest86+ there's a message saying "press f2 to force all cores" or something like that. Should i use all cores or use the standard, single core?

Anyway thanks, for the attention and help.
Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
NOt sure.... I usually just go with the defaults.

Reaction score
NOt sure.... I usually just go with the defaults.
Ok. I will use default.
Also like i said when i tried to run more cores the Memtest froze, i wasn't sure if it may be a hint for the problem, so i'm saying again.

Tonight i will start with the tests, It takes around 3 hours for every pass with the 4 sticks.(it's normal?)

Thanks, for the attention and help.
Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

Reaction score
Hello again.

Just finished the tests and 6 passes with the 4 sticks and didn't have a single error... What's the next step? Should i test every stick individualy?

Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope if you ran 4 passes with all the memory modules in place and not errors were produced then the memory is probably good to go.

Reaction score
Nope if you ran 4 passes with all the memory modules in place and not errors were produced then the memory is probably good to go.
I ran 6 passes, so i assume it's ok right? So what's the next test?

Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

PS: I'm considering the problem is with the game that's not optimized, AT ALL. But that wouldn't explain the random crashes while on twitch. Maybe i should wait for a crash with twitch and post the dump here?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK... have you checked to see if there is a BIOS update for your board?

Reaction score
IDK... have you checked to see if there is a BIOS update for your board?
Yes. Actually the Bios i have is the version 3030 and it's marked in their website as the last and beta.
Maybe the Beta part is a problem?

Sorry my bad english.
Vitor.

Ask a Question