Windows 10 Build 9888 Leak

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like Windows 10 Build 9888 is out in the wild now - WinBeta have a video showing some of the tweaks in the new build:

Reaction score
Any way of turning the colors off, while keeping the Metro interface? Since I'm still asking the question, my assumption is the answer is still "no".

I never have opposed the Metro interface. It has always been the stupid colors, MS seems to want to force. If the option to turn the colors off is not a consumer consideration, then it will be a no-sale for me again.

Reaction score
Any way of turning the colors off, while keeping the Metro interface? Since I'm still asking the question, my assumption is the answer is still "no".

I never have opposed the Metro interface. It has always been the stupid colors, MS seems to want to force. If the option to turn the colors off is not a consumer consideration, then it will be a no-sale for me again.
I would doubt there's enough demand for it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Microsoft has always given more than one way to do things. Mouse clicks, keyboard shortcuts, typing into the 'run' box and now touching the screen. That's one reason why windows is popular with so many different kinds of people. If Microsoft were to try to implement all the things that everyone wanted they would have to return to the practice of offering several different OS's.

Reaction score
Microsoft has made different versions of Windows by adding a few features to a plain Jane version and charging a few bucks more for it. Seems to me instead of trying to cram all the different systems into one OS it would have been pretty simple to just market a system specific version such as desktop, touchscreen enabled, etc. I realize an OS will never be all things to all people due to their likes and dislikes such as screen color but given the uproar caused by the start menu fiasco Microsoft could have backed off and created different versions.

Reaction score
I'll see your 9888 and raise you a 9901.
A look (I think) into what we might be seeing come January 21st.
http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/windows-10-build-9901-leaks-numerous-changes

I think this is a "WIP" build. I have been working through it for a while, and it is more buggy than the 9879.There are indications, however, that an effort is laboriously being mad to sort out some of the complaints. Still no keyboard lights, but the double picture log in has been rectified. Other than that, not a great deal of earth shattering changes for the average user. It does seem rather slower also, than previous builds.

Reaction score
I'll see your 9888 and raise you a 9901.
A look (I think) into what we might be seeing come January 21st.
http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/windows-10-build-9901-leaks-numerous-changes

Excerpt ...... last line written by Gabe Aul
*If you did install 9901 you should know that this build won’t automatically install the next official build – it has a bug that breaks flighting. You’ll need to upgrade manually using the ISOs that are released.
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2014/12/17/december-update-on-the-windows-insider-program/

Reaction score
Yes, David. I think that quote should be made more prominent on all the forums that I visit. I see a lot of posts coming mid Jan, complaining that they have not been offered the update.

Ask a Question