Windows 10 "crashes" after ethernet cable is plugged in

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yes....you can find out how to install drivers in "compatibility" mode on youtube. Probably for your mobo. There's always a video on youtube for whatever one needs.

NOTE: For future reference and personal knowledge. It's always the responsibility of the end user to see if the hardware to be installed is compatible with next generation OS. The argument that it is installed and runs doesn't mean it should for the reason stated.

I see a lot of users that have 10 installed and works perfectly fine for them for 3, 6 and 12 months, meaning just the OS.Then, they go to install some software or hardware or go to update drivers/software that used to work under the previous OS now doesn't work under windows 10.

Reaction score
So this has been an issue for two seperat windows 10 installments. What happens is, that as soon as I plug in, my ethernet cable, both the start menu, search bar, settings menu and plenty of other programs are not accessable after a reboot. They simply do not initiate ones they are clicked.

As soon as I started installing programs and the computer asked me to reboot after a driver installment, it just didn't allow me to use any of the normal features. I went back and uninstalled the programs one by one to see if I had installed one that had either virus or messed with windows 10.

None of them did anything. What did restore my use of the start menu, searcher bar and the computer in general, was to unplug the ethernet cable and reboot. As soon as that happened, the computer was usable again, without the internet of course.

I am able to use the internet and all of the programs I installed such as Spotify and mozilla when the cable is plugged in. They all work as intended, but the rest of the computer is pretty worthless. Also, the file finder/pathfinder as seen in the video, also work as intended.

I am curious to know how the internet connection seem to mess with windows 10.

I have linked a youtube video of the failed click and how the windows 10 behaves when the ethernet cable is plugged in.

Regards

Emil
I have exactly the same problem! Did you manage to solve it by any chance?

Reaction score
It is an old thread. Emil may have left us, but his last comment was with regard to installing/updating drivers(?)

Ask a Question