Windows 10 WiFi not available and crashes

Reaction score
Dear all,

Since some weeks I am having problems with the Wifi connection of my laptop. My laptop is an Acer Aspire E-15. I have been working with windows 10 for some months and I didn't have any problems. Since some weeks it can't find any WiFi network, and when I plug-in an ethernet cable everything works fine. Also, I have the newest drivers installed. My network adapter is Qualcomm Atheros AR956X

When I restart my PC or do a system restore, everything seems to work fine, until the same problem occurs again. It happens very randomly, for example I didn't have the problem for more than a week, but yesterday I had it all the time. In addition to that, sometimes when I lose the connection my PC crashes. I don't know if these two issues could be related to each other.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check your wireless adapter properties in device manager. Select the Power Management tab and make sure that you uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" or something like that.
You say your "PC Crashes".....
How? Does it Blue Screen? Does it freeze? What exactly happens?
Have you checked the Event Viewer to see if it has any information related to the problem.

Ask a Question