Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB3136562 Released, Updates Version to 10586.79

Reaction score
I just did the updates and first thing I noticed is how much faster I was able to do anything after restart. What I mean is if I wanted to go to Edge, Chrome or just to settings I had to wait for a couple seconds but after update I can go to whatever I wanted to open and it opens immediately. Just seems like a better management of CPU and Memory.
I found this to be true as well. It just intrinsically feels more stable, like smoother code.

Reaction score
It looks like, for the moment, it is only bits. It will , possibly, be added to and will come as the Tuesday cumulative update. With its present size, it doesn't look as though it could be the finished product.
The knowledge base says this:

"No Results Found For: KB3136562
No Results Found For: KB3136562
Can’t find it? Here are some options:

Change your query to use different or fewer keywords."

"

Bif

Reaction score
It looks like, for the moment, it is only bits. It will , possibly, be added to and will come as the Tuesday cumulative update. With its present size, it doesn't look as though it could be the finished product.
The knowledge base says this:

"No Results Found For: KB3136562
No Results Found For: KB3136562
Can’t find it? Here are some options:

Change your query to use different or fewer keywords."

"
Most interesting...I have yet to get it AND it as you stated isn't found on the download centre as Trouble first posted ( at least I'm unable to locate it ). Not concerned as much as confused as to why I get all of the updates like clockwork but this one wants to be evasive.Oh well,going sit back with a Peterson filled with my favourite tobacco and a Latte..

Last edited:
Reaction score
I must admit its very strange way of getting updates before they are released through MS.o_O
This section makes you think.
And confirms what HaloEffect17 posted although i haven't noticed any difference.

Lucky few who could update their PCs before Microsoft removed KB3136562 report their Windows 10 versions upgraded to Build 10586.79. The build 10586.79 is not supposed to bring any new features but may pack lots of fixes and performance improvements. Microsoft is now planning to push new features in Redstone wave and Redstone Builds have started to roll-out to Insiders already.

http://www.thewincentral.com/kb3136...-build-10586-79-seen-in-production-catalogue/

Last edited:

Ask a Question