Windows 10 device limit

Reaction score
Upgraded my Win 8.1 laptop to Windows 10. Every time I try to download from the Windows store I get a notification that I have reached my device limit for installing apps and games from the store on my Window 10 device. I have only one win 10 laptop and one win 8.1 phone. Is that too many? How do I solve this problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Not sure, but you can open the Store App and then go to your Account and check Devices.
If there are any devices there that you don't actually use anymore you might try removing them and see if that helps.

Reaction score
I don't have a Win phone, and only have this one computer. Yet I got the same email. Wonder what is going through the matrix's mind? Explanation and assistance appreciated.

*Update*

I went to the store, settings, devices... the only device is my laptop. Hmmmm.

Reaction score
Update: I checked my account and only two devices were listed. Without doing anything on my part today I can now download and install from the store. Maybe it was an initial upgrade glitch?

Ask a Question