SOLVED Windows 10 - Does not keep correct time

Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier, Windows has always had a problem with Isreal daylight savings time because the date is not fixed and changes every year. At one point MS gave up on IDT synchronizing. Maybe the same holds true again with Win10. Did you try synchronizing with Athens like I suggested which is still UTC+2. It's worth a try.

Reaction score
Yes, I have switched to Athens time zone. Both in Windows 10 and in Ubuntu.
I again set the Ubuntu clock up three hours and restarted the computer to the Windows system. The time came up correct.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I do not know how this thread got marked as, "solved", but I am giving up. It appears the dual Widows/Ubuntu situation is causing the time to switch. I don't know why but I can live with it. I don't use Ubuntu very much any more since Windows 7 came out.
So thanks to everyone for their inputs. I appreciate all the help and I got a bit smarter reading everything. Ta ta!

Reaction score
I do not know how this thread got marked as, "solved", but I am giving up. It appears the dual Widows/Ubuntu situation is causing the time to switch. I don't know why but I can live with it. I don't use Ubuntu very much any more since Windows 7 came out.
So thanks to everyone for their inputs. I appreciate all the help and I got a bit smarter reading everything. Ta ta!

Hi there, I too have been having this issue and it is an absolute pain in the ass! I recently divorced Apple after 10 years and have had a great experience with W10 so far, however, this "time" issue is just beyond me. I can't believe that something so trivial such as keeping the correct time is such a f*** up in Windows and we talking Windows 10 here not Windows 3.11 or XP or one of the older versions, we talking 2019 here!!!!

I rely on the precise time because I trade from home and each candle is formed on a specific time frame 1H, 2H, 4H etc. Besides that, my schedules and reminders are now all f****d. I'm calling people 2/3 hours ahead of time and yesterday I had dinner ready by 16:00, started cooking at 15:00 - No wonder these days feels like they flying and there isn't enough time in the day.

I have tried everything mentioned in this post (which is probably why it's marked as solved - everyone gave up and f****d off) as well as other posts I have come across and NOTHING works, originally the time was only off my 3/4mins, I tried to fix that and now time is off by 2/3 hours.

Oh, and I am running nothing else but Windows on my machine.

Were you perhaps able to solve this issue at all, it's driving me absolutely nuts!!!!! I'm really trying to avoid a reinstall here, I hate the fact that the Windows community's solutions are always "switch it off and on again" or "re-install Windows". This is where Apple wins hands down (sad to say) but all the small trivial shit is taken care of so one can use their pc / laptop for it's intended purpose (productivity) and not waste hours screwing around with multiple time settings and options hidden all over the OS and buried deep with Windows' anus.

Reaction score

Another thing we have in common here apart from this frustrating problem is the time zone, I am in a different country but the time zone is the same.

Reaction score
The thread could only be marked solved by the originator. This post
"I do not know how this thread got marked as, "solved", but I am giving up ", was, in fact, by the originator(??) The thread is now three years old.
I have no idea how the other posters have fared, but I have no problems with the accuracy of the time.
Should you post back, I would appreciate it if you could moderate your language a little!

Reaction score
The thread could only be marked solved by the originator. This post
"I do not know how this thread got marked as, "solved", but I am giving up ", was, in fact, by the originator(??) The thread is now three years old.
I have no idea how the other posters have fared, but I have no problems with the accuracy of the time.
Should you post back, I would appreciate it if you could moderate your language a little!

Hi Dave,

So if you purchase a new vehicle and it starts developing problems and you take it back the dealership and say something is wrong with my car, it's doing X, Y and Z and their response is "But we've had no issues with the other vehicles" - How would you respond, how does this add any value to the issue at hand or in fact make any logical sense apart from the implied statistical implications of the statement based on that 1 persons sample size at that 1 dealership?

You asking me to moderate my language but nonsensical comments like this fuel the frustration, if you can add value or have any suggestions I'm all ears.

As far as the originator changing the status to "solved" I cannot comment, I have no idea how this forum works, on other forums I frequent only the moderators can change the status but I have however sent a message directly to the OP asking if they have had any luck with this issue since.

Do you perhaps have any other suggestions regarding the issue at hand other than the ones that have been mentioned already in this thread?

Reaction score
Well, I have never had that response from a car dealer,but, on the other hand, have never had the good fortune to purchase a new vehicle!
Certainly, at least in my experience, when I have bought a car from the main dealer for that model, they have certainly fixed any outstanding problems, - currently (A no longer young Skoda Octavia) without extra expense.
Back on topic. No, I cannot offer a solution. Googling does not reveal any (MSWindows) time problems currently. But is was apparent that, around that time, there were posted numerous solutions.
Under those circumstances, I would suggest you start a new thread with the problem

Reaction score
then you have a bad capacitor in your power supply which is causing the problem.

I've seen this before and experienced it firsthand. My cmos battery would die shortly after replacement which was a herculean effort as it was buried under the keyboard. I finally had to endure startup error beeps and no clock. Then somewhere along the line I stumbled upon this message about a bad capacitor but I never pursued it further. This is definitely worth a try.

Ask a Question