Windows 10 failing to boot and stuck in loop.

Reaction score
I booted up my PC today and everything was fine and dandy, then the PC got an error and said it needed to reboot it's now stuck in a purgatory of failing to boot and restarting the process I don't think it's getting through bios.

(Video of the issue
)

Also cannot boot from and disc or USB it never allows me to.

Reaction score
Update/bump I have reset my cmos battery because windows support is blaming my mother board and gigabyte is blaming windows but I've done that still cannot get into my bios

Reaction score
You should be able to get into the bios unless it is a bios related error. Something like a Memory or other type of situation can reboot the system before actually getting to the bios setup.

Just be sure you are tapping the required key combination very early in the reboot. If you wait too long the system will be past the point and will continue to boot or try to boot into Windows.

You might describe exactly what screens you are seeing and which, if any, options you have.

I had a system do exactly what your video is showing. I had to lay it on its side to get it to boot. Probably a bad connection or something not seated all the way.

Reaction score
If it is telling you there is no bootable device then it is getting far enough to get into the Bios and boot from other media. You have to try harder to catch the system during boot to interrupt that cycle.

If you can get into the bios you might be able to set another device as primary boot device.

If you have bootable media, what do you have and how did you make it?

You need a Recovery drive or the Install Media to boot if your system will not. If you can't get into the bios or boot any other media, there is not much anyone can do to help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Update/bump I have reset my cmos battery because windows support is blaming my mother board and gigabyte is blaming windows but I've done that still cannot get into my bios
Although you don't mention which Gigabyte board you actually have.....
Mine responds to tapping the F2 key immediately when powered on.
Try that.... start tapping the F2 key before even pressing the power button and establish a rapid tapping pattern and see what it produces.

Ask a Question