Windows 10 Insider 19603.1

Reaction score
So far no issues here. 3.49 GB
1586372560994.png

Reaction score
Broke the Sound on my Dell OptiPlex 755 and Dell Inspiron 530S. All built-in Windows sounds are garbled but Audio CDs seem to be fine. And after stopping the audio play the computers lock up, require hard reset.

Reaction score
I have been having too many green screen halts lately and glad to see the new update. Works good so far

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
They mention here https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ncing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-19603/
That they've addressed a few bugcheck GSODs.

Hadn't heard about the sound issues until now.
You'd think that, that would almost have to be a driver. I assume you've already looked for a driver update?
I know, they've been on again off again with how they are handling / providing certain drivers.
Perhaps resorting back to the original from DELL might be a place to start.

Reaction score
Hadn't heard about the sound issues until now.
You'd think that, that would almost have to be a driver. I assume you've already looked for a driver update?
I know, they've been on again off again with how they are handling / providing certain drivers.
Perhaps resorting back to the original from DELL might be a place to start.
Default Windows audio, no newer/better drivers. Rolled both machines back and all was good again. Interesting that the problem didn't affect other types of audio files, .mp3, .mp4, .m4a.

Reaction score
Both IP computers auto-updated to Build 19603.1000 overnight, still have the sound issue and further testing shows the .wav files are good on RTM machines but garbled in both Groove and Windows Media Player, sound clear in VLC. Default/only driver is High Definition Audio Device.

Last edited:

Ask a Question