Windows 10 is freezing so often I can sell the fridge.

BML

Reaction score
My computer expert has loaded every upgrade issued and yet my computer is still regularly freezing. Is there a target date to resolve this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Without any further information as to your system specs or whether or not your "computer expert" installed Windows 10 as an upgrade or a custom clean install, it's difficult to suggest a possible option as to what might be bottlenecking your system resulting in what appears to be a frozen computer.
My suggestion would be to first boot the system into Safe Mode or possibly Safe Mode with Networking and run it that way for a few hours. Don't expect to do much as in safe mode Windows 10 is very limited as to what actually works and what doesn't, but.....
IF the computer seems to run better in Safe Mode than in Normal Mode, we might be able to suggest some alternative optional diagnostic steps to investigate further.

BML

Reaction score
My computer man is coming in a few days and I will follow your suggestions. As to what Browser the computer uses old as I am and having been using a computer for close to thirty years I have no idea so could you please tell me what I need to do to find out. Many thanks.

Ask a Question