Windows 10 oddity

Reaction score
Since updating Windows a few days ago, I've noticed that there seems to be a regular pop-up window that looks like the old command-line box. It happens whether I have other programs open or not, and I see a quick outline of the window for a second or two, then it disappears. I've had Windows 10 for about a year, installed on a new laptop. I don't remember this window popping up like this before, only occasionally on start-up or shut-down. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

Reaction score
I have version 1703, build 15063.296. I haven't upgraded, but am up-to-date on updates. The laptop is just 9 months old and this just started after the update of 5/17 (that I'm aware of).

Reaction score
Hi Joyce,

have you run "Troubleshoot"?.

Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot.

troubleshoot.JPG

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Joyce,

Have you used any third party programs to install or update drivers?

If you have the console popping up may be a new Task created in your Task Scheduler.

One known to cause these types of symptoms is created as a New Task called ACC and it executes FUB_Send.bat

You could take a look inside your Task Scheduler to see what programs are running, as its likely to be something there anyway.

Ask a Question