Windows 10 reset help

Reaction score
I recently decided to reset my windows 10 but I am now stuck in this endless loop where the installation is on 64% and settings 1% then it jumps to 96% and settings 90% restarts and all I get is a black screen. If I press control it returns to the installation at 64% and repeats. Any help on what I can do?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, nothing much to add, except to say that yours' is one of many stories I've heard, produced by using the "Reset" utility.
I don't suppose you created a System Image or a Disk Image, prior to attempting the "Reset"?
Given your current predicament you may be left with backing up your critical data and performing a clean install.
Do you have the ability to remove the disk from the problem machine and attach it to another Windows computer to backup / copy / secure any critical data?
You may be able to boot from a Linux Live Distro CD and use that to boot your system and copy off your files.

Ask a Question