Windows 10 Screen Glitching

Reaction score
My HP notebook envy m4 screen keeps on glitching uncontrollably until I change the display setting to Extend it stops on the laptop but glitches on the second screen if I choose the only PC screen option it glitches again but on the laptop screen I know this can’t be a hardware issue because the screen works fine when it’s connected to a second screen in extend yet the second screen glitches

Reaction score
I’m actually using VGA and I’ve swapped the cable and I have the same issue but the issue isn’t only on the second screen the glitch transfer from the pc screen to the second screen when I use the “extend” option and my HP ENVY m4 notebook matches the device you linked in properties

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Two questions....
How does the laptop behave without any cable and second monitor connected at all?

Is your ENVY a touch screen?

Reaction score
Two questions....
How does the laptop behave without any cable and second monitor connected at all?

Is your ENVY a touch screen?
without any cables and the option "PC screen only" the screen continues to glitch really bad until i choose the extend option even if i don't have the second screen connected and no its not a touch screen

Reaction score
Hi Bruh,

cross check the installed driver file name with the one available on the link I posted earlier and see if there is a difference between the two. :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I've tried to update driver from the "Device Manager" and it said the driver is up to date
Never use device manager to update like that.....99% of the time it will say you have the latest and or best driver already installed. All ways go directly to the vendors/MFG support web page and download the drivers that way.

Reaction score
The error seems to be rooted in the drivers of the device.
Install the latest display drivers from the HP Support Assistant after you install that app.
You can do that only when the secondary screens are connected to the laptop.

Also, install the GPU drivers properly. They are the ones that may be causing the issue.

Reaction score
The error seems to be rooted in the drivers of the device.
Install the latest display drivers from the HP Support Assistant after you install that app.
You can do that only when the secondary screens are connected to the laptop.

Also, install the GPU drivers properly. They are the ones that may be causing the issue.
I've updated display drivers yet the issue remains there i haven't done the GPU part if you have a guide or a link where i can install them that would bee helpful

Reaction score
yeah i have already updated the display drivers using that link but i was talking about GPU drivers
They are one and the same thing in your case as you only have the integrated graphics!. :)

Reaction score
Hi Bruh,

are you using the latest version of Win 10?. :)

Ask a Question