SOLVED Windows 10 Startup problems

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
can I use the fresh install to change a 32bit machine to a 64bit machine (assuming the CPU etc is 64bit ready)?
Yes.... absolutely.
You just can't upgrade bit versions one to the other. You must perform a custom clean install, so....
All your data should be backed up and you will need to reinstall all your programs / apps.

Personally, I always use the Media Creation tool to download the ISO that contains both the 32 and 64 bit installations.
Don't ask me why..... I haven't worked on a 32 bit Windows 10 machine ever, but....
As soon as I don't have a 32 bit copy, someone will bring one over for me to work on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is so true.. I usually create an ISO from the first official release and make a flash drive from it using Rufus. Rufus allows me to use NTFS as file system on the flash drive whereas the MCT only uses FAT32. I also use 16GB flash drives to add all recent updates on it so I can make a fresh install without connecting to the internet (minus the Defender updates and some minor updates that are not in the catalog).
That way I always have an uptodate medium available that I cannot do with a DVD (I have not used a dvd drive in years and none of my computers even has one). I have an external ODD in case I need it though.

Ask a Question