Windows 10: Update 1607. Time and Date

Reaction score
My time and date are not in the corner anymore,
upload_2016-8-24_18-2-42.png
the message thing is. How would I make it go back to normal?
upload_2016-8-24_18-4-26.png
I looked all over, and cant find another answer. I like the time and date in the corner! Help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I hadn't even noticed but evidently since the Anniversary update and the consequent revamping of the UI, Microsoft has decided that the "Notification" icon will now be the right most Icon in the notification area.
As far as how or even if you can change that...... I have no idea, but....
If you happen to find a way, be sure and come back and let us know how you managed to do it.

Reaction score
I believe my notification icon has always (1511) been to the far right.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope.
Here's a picture of my Wife's machine still running 1511, still no anniversary update

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
OK maybe I'm mistaken and it was turned on by defalt with the anniversary update. To turn thr notification icon OFF go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar. Halfway down "Notification Area" click on "Turn System Icons ON or OFF" third icon from the bottom of list is "Action Centre" turn the switch to OFF. This will re-position the clock icon to the far right.

Ask a Question