Windows 9 Could be free for some - but..

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I always take these types of rumors with a grain of salt but....
I really do love me some free. I can definitely do free.
So I'm really endorsing this rumor.
On the other hand the rumors out of russia about the death of RT (which I'm pretty sure is just semantics) as I really think Microsoft has pretty much made clear that what we think of as the RT operating system (not the RT atom processor, can't install anything but apps on it hardware architecture) is going to end up being the Windows Phone OS which they'll probably end up rebranding as something like Windows Mobile or whatever, who knows.
Now the part about the Enterprise version abandoning the Metro / Modern interface, makes total sense and ......
therefore makes me totally suspicious that it could be one of those erroneous rumors.:)

Reaction score
Totally agree. At least, and maybe before, since the murmurs about Vista Rumours have been quite a bit off mark. I was Beta testing Vista, with the usual confidentiality agreement, and had many laughs at some of the stuff being posted around.

Ask a Question