Windows can't find boot loader

Reaction score
Hi.
I have a very funny interesting situation, always when my computer boots up after a restart or after a Windows update, the BIOS won't find the bootloader and I'm getting this black screen bootloader is missing. but when I'm rebooting it always finds the windows partition and its boot into Windows normally, my first thought was the hard drive was dying, but that's even after cloning with to a new Samsung S S D I'm still getting the cans find bootloader message when booting then I just hold the power button to reboot then it's boots into windows.

Reaction score
Just a wild guess, but, maybe you should have a look in the bios at the initial boot selection?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply
Yeah maybe changing the boot order will make a difference. The computer is not near me so we'll have to do this at a later time.

Reaction score
The first thing I would do is turn of Fast Startup in Windows (enter the command powercfg.cpl in the Run command box, in the window that opens click the 'Choose what the power buttons do' menu option on the left, uncheck the Fast Startup checkbox). Fast Startup is known to cause strange issues like this.

Ask a Question