Windows Creator Install -- Impossible! -- Let me vent please.

Reaction score
According to the Acer website, this model computer has not been tested for Windows Creator. I presume that the drivers, last updated in 2009, nothing newer since, are the problem. I don't think this computer can be updated and I wish Microsoft would stop trying to load it on mine.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
@ambimon Dont forget to lookup and provide the setup logs I pointed a few posts back ;)

Reaction score
I've already ordered a new computer. I have to get on with my life :). The newer processors are faster anyway and I'll get an optical drive that works.

Attachments

• WindowsUpdate.zip
    49.8 KB · Views: 302
Reaction score
I think you've been very unlucky but sadly can't help. I've now updated 12 of the 50 PCs I support and they have all updated without problems so far and in general took an hour each. They are all Dell Vostros of varying ages from 5 to 10 years. I suspect one of your drivers is the culprit. I had a similar problem on my Dell XPS when I first went to Win 10 and eventually found an old driver no longer in use that was the culprit. I used Autoruns which you can download for free and it digs deep into the Registry to find everything without altering it unless you ask it to. The results are very readable and just look for things you definitely no longer use and untick them.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
Quite a few errors on that Windows update logs.

But you bought a PC and thats a sure shortcut to another kind of solution, both PC vendors and Microsoft thank you ;)

Ask a Question