Windows Live Mail- turning on links?

Reaction score
The wife uses Windows Live Mail and when she gets or I send her an e-mail with links they aren't active. How do I turn on to make links work?

thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Have you gone to Tools > Options > Read tab and removed the check next to Read all messages in plain text?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Being that windows live mail is no longer supported by MS for some time now....that might be part of the issue. Have you thought about using a different email client. I've always used Outlook which is part of the MS Office suite since MS Office 2003. I've also tried a few freebies like Incredimail which I liked so much I bought way back in the day. Also tried eM Client....which is a good replica of Windows live mail...you get the same look and feel as if you were using windows live mail. Then of course you have your web mail which uses a browser like Gmail, Outlook.com, YahooMail...good to use as backups of your software based email goes down.

Reaction score
Being that windows live mail is no longer supported by MS for some time now....that might be part of the issue. Have you thought about using a different email client. I've always used Outlook which is part of the MS Office suite since MS Office 2003. I've also tried a few freebies like Incredimail which I liked so much I bought way back in the day. Also tried eM Client....which is a good replica of Windows live mail...you get the same look and feel as if you were using windows live mail. Then of course you have your web mail which uses a browser like Gmail, Outlook.com, YahooMail...good to use as backups of your software based email goes down.

I use MS office 2010 but wife doesn't like it! Didn't know lice mail is not supported anymore... I have options to use Comcast's web-based. So may have to copy and paste the links unless she changes!
Thanks

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
If she really likes live....you should have her download eM Client....it's free for 2 email accounts but if you want to use more email accounts you'll need to pay for it. Then you'll have unlimited email accounts to add.

Like I said, I've used it and loved it. It's has the look and feel of windows live mail 2012. That is if we're talking about the same thing. Window live mail was part of Windows Essentials 2012 which had about 5 or 6 different pieces of software. The 2 big ones were live mail and messenger.

Here's a link that explains the demise of windows live essentials.....
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13785/windows-essentials-2012-release-notes

Ask a Question