Windows logo hangs on startup (HELP!)

Reaction score
Okay, so I recently just got my computer back, and I noticed it was always freezing as soon as I got to the desktop. Due to this, I tried resetting the PC, and so far it was going well; it got to 96% installing Windows again, but and wasn't doing anything for about 1 hour, I decided to press the restart button on my tower to try fix it, this made the computer go into this state where everything I load it would either show me the Windows logo, then black screen, show me the Windows logo again but it would be very laggy, and would freeze in about 5 seconds, or it would show "installing Windows 64%" in a circle but then after 5 minutes or so would crash saying that "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" (BSOD) or whatever, saying DPC_WATCHDOG or something like that, and restart. This cycle keeps on just going on and on.

I'm losing my patience with this now, I've just had my PC returned and would like to use it! Someone... Please help me on this...

Thanks, Kieran.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I recently just got my computer back, and I noticed it was always freezing
Back from where?
IF it was recently returned from being serviced and or repaired, that information may be important.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I and I suspect others, would sincerely like to help, but......
The only information you provide regarding your computer is "my PC" or "my computer"
And then in response to my question you provide "for being broken", so......
Let's start with
The computer manufacturer's name, the model name, the model number (complete model number, as in all the numbers, not just something like Dell XPS 17)
AND
"broken" how..... what was wrong with it that caused you to send it off for repairs.
The fact that it returned with a problem, might suggest that the "repairs" were less than adequate but not knowing what was wrong with it to begin with, I couldn't begin to guess.
I think if I had paid for repairs and received a computer that was
always freezing
I think before I
tried resetting the PC
I would have communicated with whoever performed the repair and asked why "my computer" was still having problems.

In summary, without having any idea what computer we are dealing with, what was wrong with it to begin with or what might have been done to correct the initial problem......
I'm not sure how to proceed or what possibly we might suggest, except perhaps booting from the installation media and attempting to use some of the advanced troubleshooting tools to see if you can do a
Startup Repair or a System Restore or use Startup Settings to boot into Safe Mode, but quite honestly if it got partially through a reset and now fails to do much of anything......
I think a clean install might be in your immediate future.

Ask a Question