SOLVED Windows Mail and BT Internet

Reaction score
Hi

I having a cardiac arrest trying to get Windows Mail to do what I want it to do. I CANNOT set up a BTInternet e-mail address within Windows Mail properly. It will set it up but it will only allow me to send e-mails and not receive. And another thing, why does Windows Mail change the password after I have put it in? My password has 12 characters and yet the password defaults to 16. Doing my head in!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Dave :).

It sounds like you're most of the way there already. Did you set the account settings up manually?

I would set up the account manually using the settings on this page, if you haven't already:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/...s-for-outgoing-and-incoming-bt-email-servers?

Choose the IMAP method (ideally). Make sure SSL is enabled for the sending server and that the port number is 465.

Do you get any errors when sending e-mails? Normally if a message fails to send, it'll let you know what the reason is.

Reaction score
Thanks. Having worked on this for several hours yesterday, I eventually set it up Manually as suggested, despite the fact that this method had also previously failed. Magically it now works though I don't know why!

Reaction score
If you receive emails and can't send it's the setup of the outgoing server (SMTP)

Ask a Question