Windows Restore

Reaction score
have removed all restore points ok ---but can not restore to earlier time ie --today's the 5th and will only restore to today--- but i want to go back to the 2nd may to regain missing files ----using configure setting will only set at today's date and time no matter what i do
--------------------------------------------------------thanks in advance

Regedit32

Reaction score
have removed all restore points ok ---but can not restore to earlier time ie --today's the 5th and will only restore to today--- but i want to go back to the 2nd may to regain missing files ----using configure setting will only set at today's date and time no matter what i do

If you have all ready removed all restore points how precisely did you plan on restoring to an earlier date?

Reaction score
If you have all ready removed all restore points how precisely did you plan on restoring to an earlier date?

none that i removed worked --Windows from XP on allowed you to select an earlier time when using system restore that is what i am trying to find and can't

Reaction score
I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem or not,(I'm not a tech ,just an enthusiast) .
If you RC the window in the lower left corner of desktop, then LC Control Panel,then LC Recovery, then LC Configure System Restore, System Properties will aperire. LC top tab, System Protection. If you have no restore points it says you can create one, by LC Create. You would probably be the only one that knows where you want it to restore. Me, myself, I could never get this to work right . I hope this helps.
Good Luck

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

It sounds to me like you all ready know where to locate the Restore points, but just in case you are unsure:

Option One:
  • Press Winkey + R to open Run dialog
  • Type rstrui.exe | then click OK
  • In the System Restore window that opens click Next to view available restore points and select the one you want

Option Two:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Control Panel
  • Left-click on Recovery
  • Left-click on Open System Restore hyperlink
  • In the System Restore window that opens click Next to view available restore points and select the one you want

Note: If you are unable to see any restore points at all then it may be turned off. You would then need to:

• Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Control Panel
  • Left-click on Recovery
  • Left-click on Configure System Restore hyperlink
  • Left-click on the Partition you want Restore points for
  • Left-click on the Configure button
  • Check the Radio button next to Turn on system protection
  • Click Apply, the click OK, the click OK again
If you had several restore points going back a while and they had not yet been overwritten by a more recent restore point because your storage settings were too small, then during Option 1 or Option 2 you would notice a hyperlink on the window offering you to go select other restore points.

It sounds to me though that you have either all ready manually deleted them, or the System has deleted them because either:

1. There was insufficient storage space so the old restore points were cleared to allow a new restore point to be created
  2. You were dual booting two operating systems and the older OS automatically deleted the Windows 10 restore points
  3. You or a third party application turned off System Protection which would remove those points.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question