WINDOWS UPDATE FAIL Error code: (0x80070570)

Reaction score
Yesterday, I just updated my Samsung tablet to Windows 10 and I didn't log in with any password. Then, I logged into my Microsoft account and since then I have been logging in using my Microsoft username and password. I went into the settings and windows updates to install an update that came up and it looks like it is going to install but then it does an error code (0x8007050). I tried again an hour later and it did the same thing. After restarting the tablet, it still continues to fail through the windows update.

Also, every time I try to go into the SW Update (because it says important updates need to be installed), it keeps telling me that I need authorization from the administrator. The problem is, I am the administrator, and I don't know how to get it to work again.

I appreciate all of the help in advance! Thank you!

Reaction score
UPDATE: I was able to fix the error code issue, but the SW Update is still an issue if anyone knows how to fix it...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Tasha and welcome to the forum.
Can you tell us, which specific update to Windows 10 seems to be failing consistently?
Likely, when you check you update history you will see a failed update with a prefix of KB followed by several numbers.

Reaction score
Tasha Updates from MS where very slow yesterday. I updated my Laptop (not used much) yesterday. It took over an hour to install 6 updates. On the first attempt to update the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172985) failed. I managed to successfully install it on the second update attempt. I suspect the MS servers are running on overload right now. I would attempt to update your tablet again.

Ask a Question