Works Calendar in Hiding?

Reaction score
Hi. Hoping someone may be able to solve a puzzle for me. I have reminders set to send renewal notices to my customers. Since the upgrade to 10, I still get the Works calendar reminder popping up, and I do the reminders and thought nothing of it. I've come to add some new customers and realised I can't track down the calendar. I used to access it through the Microsoft Works Task Launcher, but that's not to be found either.

Is it still there if I'm still getting reminders?

Aside from that can anyone recommend a new calendar app for me to start re-entering info and reminders into? Keep seeing nothing but bad things about the new Calendar app, is this right?

Thanks for any help.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Jacquetta,

Welcome to the Forum.

It's been a very long time since I saw a MS Works application but if I recall correctly, the Works Calendar Reminder was a process called wkcalrem.exe that was placed into the Startup folder to load and check the MS Works Calendar each time you started your computer.

I imagine your MS Works is still there and quite likely you'd find it at C:\Program Files (x86) which is the folder for 32-bit applications. If you happened to have a 64-bit version of MS Works then it'd likely be at C:\Program Files.

As I said it's been a long time since I have used such an application, but once inside the Program Files (x86) folder it will probably then be in a sub-folder called Microsoft Works or Works

I don't particularly make use of computer Calendars, but if you are thinking to change maybe you'd want to use an online one like Google Calendar. Being web based you can then access it from any device, anywhere in the world.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thank you for this info. Will have a dig into those files. I'll look into the Google calendar. Just need to find and stop the reminders on this other one.
J.

Ask a Question