SOLVED Wrong File structure in SaveAS window

Reaction score
Hi

In two or three folders in a Save As window of a application program I get below as in the attached file, rather than the ungrouped listing. Had this under Explorer and under Group said None and it worked. But in Save As view there is no way to do this. Is there a solution to get alphbetical listing and not time duration?

Attachments

• file.JPG
    file.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 38

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Does your document folder have a sort order applied?

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
Yes its assending in Explorer and is OK, but not in the Save As open view in applications.

Reaction score
Yes its assending in Explorer and is OK, but not in the Save As open view in applications.
Most applications use the existing settings (in Explorer) for each folder. I have my Downloads folder sorted in ascending date order and it looks like your example above, all others are sorted by name. I've just tested many of my apps and the 'Save As' facility in all of them, uses the settings from Explorer.....

Which applications have this issue?

Reaction score
I've noticed over time that a lot of programs tend to use a 'mini' version of File Explorer [Windows Explorer in earlier Windows] and some settings aren't available in those programs, somewhat basic. And a choice of format usually depends upon what the program can use. I have an old graphics program that uses the same extension for saving of .ged as a popular Genealogy program even though the formats are incompatible between the programs that create them.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Next time you open a Save As dialog box try right clicking any white space available and see if you can change the group by and sort by settings for the Save As dialog box from that right click menu at that time.
Rumor has it that, that change will be remembered thereafter.

Screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Trouble

Absolutly brilliant. that worked.

Why are so many things MS does none standard would have never thought to click on white space, was looking for a drop-down.

So thankful for your help, as it was driving me mad trying to find things.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue.
Thanks for reporting back with your results.
Much appreciated, as we don't always hear back from the OP.
Thanks
Randy

Ask a Question