SOLVED Your friendly Forum

Reaction score
For all members. Be thankful you have found this site!

Abuse is no existent. Rudeness is intercepted and commented on, by the staff....etc.
But, to me this is important, and the clincher.

Have a look at this, from what self boasts to be the best on the web:

Capture.PNG

Do you really want to plough through that lot, for any useful info? You will have a problem finding it. Sometimes info can be a little over the top. All you will find there is courtesy comments an acknowledgements. Very often slanging matches.

A good bunch of guys here. the occasional tiffs, but nothing serious.

About 40 posts in ours, all with sensible exchange on difficulties.

Sorry, I just had to post these thoughts.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Oh...that's Fairbrothers forum. He owns quite a lot of forums. They have a tendency to ban members for no apparent reason and not giving a member a valid reason why. I, being one of those that it was done to.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I too, enjoy being here.
We seem to be growing well and amassing a great bunch of contributors.
I appreciate all those who have taken the time to join and contribute to this forum and helped grow this community.

Reaction score
Yes i think i was very fortunate to have found this forum.
Very friendly and helpful just what a forum should be.
Also the Admin take an active part which helps a lot. :)

Reaction score
The forum to which I referred, has a nucleus of very knowledgeable members. If they had a forum of there own, it would be outstanding. Unfortunately, the forum , in the past, gained too much popularity and is cluttered with a majority of members who appear to use it as a chat box in all threads ,whatever the context. The downside for me, is that whenever I have a look in one of the longer threads, it does seem to have a great deal of vindictiveness between posts.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm very pleased you guys like it here :). The forum has come on leaps and bounds in the past year thanks to all your help - we've got a great community here and I imagine we've been able to help a huge number of users (many of whom will just read, rather than register).

Reaction score
As a total neophyte and fan of this forum here's my two cents worth. By hanging around here and reading without responding to what was over my head I learned how to do restores system images and double boot one of my laptops. This would have been impossible without this forum. I have noticed occasional caustic comments but this is the exception not the rule..
As for chat that's why I abandoned facebook and twitter.
Twitter is for twits. Definition: (Webster) Twit: Fool.

Reaction score
I'm very pleased you guys like it here :). The forum has come on leaps and bounds in the past year thanks to all your help - we've got a great community here and I imagine we've been able to help a huge number of users (many of whom will just read, rather than register).
Keep up the good work.
I know how much time and effort goes into running a forum i have been running a photography group for many years.
I always say a forum is as good as its members and of course the Admin which sadly on many forums leaves a lot to be desired.:)

Ask a Question