Access Error with windows 10

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have an old program developed in an old version of access (runtime 2000) , the program works fine on windows xp, windows 7, and windows 8. A few days ago I updated my OS to windows 10 and now my access program works but with some errors like: when I try to generate a student report it gives me that error:
Error 5000: Error in processing report.
[Extended Info :IM002: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified]

Please any help in this issue it would be appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you need to re-create your DSN?
Start Button -> All Apps -> Windows Administrative Tools -> ODBC DataSource 32 or 64 bit

Reaction score
Hi Trouble,
Thx for replying, when I opened administrative tools, I found two shortcuts ODBC Data Sources (32-bit) and another one (64-bit)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Data source name not found and no default driver specified
The error you have indicated seems to say that you do not have a data source configured that the database needs in order to access the backend tables.
You'll probably need to configure it to get things working again. Probably a 32 bit ODBC connection, depending on the version / edition of MS Access you have installed.

Reaction score
I installed Microsoft access 2010 and then I installed runtime 2000, but I don't know how to configure my DSN.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you have Access 2010 installed, I'm not quite sure why or even if you would need "runtime".
Runtime is generally used to support a database to run on a machine that does not have Microsoft Access physically installed, by providing runtime components that are needed.
Have you tried, just right clicking the .mdb and choosing open with and selecting Access 2010 from the context menu?

Reaction score
Hi Trouble,
sorry to bother you again, now the first error is solved but I got a new different error:

error 07001 ODBC Microsoft Access Driver, too few parameters expected 2.

Please help me find a solution, thanks

Reaction score
I get message telling me windows 10 cannot connect to windows client. Can anyone help?

Last edited:

Ask a Question