Adobe Digital Editions installation problem

Reaction score
I'm attempting to install Adobe Digital Editions 4.5. I can download the installer file but when I run the file, it stalls before it completes the installation. The installation window shows the message : "Extract: Sym CCIS.dll" which is apparently where the setup stalled. Does anyone have experience with this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I used to use it a lot in conjunction with my Nook Reader but since switching over to Kindle I haven't attempted to install it on my Windows 10 machine.
I never liked the way it wanted to control everything epub and ascm that I got from my local library online and now use the overdrive media console almost exclusively for that, but.....
Seeing your post, I thought I'd give it a try.
Downloaded the latest version from Adobe, ran the installer, unchecked everything except shortcut menu item (especially the file association box) and it comes bloated with Norton so unchecked that as well.
It installed fine and apparently runs fine as well, if I would ever need it for something. Between OverDrive media console, the Nook and Kindle app(s), I'm not sure what that would be.

Capture.JPG

Reaction score
I found a setup file for ADE 4.0 which installed the program without a problem. Aside, I couldn't get rid of the Norton window at all; there was no box to check that would decline the Norton install.

Thanks for your input!

Ask a Question