SOLVED AMD Radeon 6310 HD

Bif

Reaction score
With HP leaving me in the dark with any drivers that are specifically for 10,I was "forced" by MS to let them (MS) install they Radeon driver that they felt was best for my laptop..AMD told me just to let MS install that driver as it's offered in accordance with HP and my laptop model specifically.Now what's everyone's opinion on letting MS supply drivers like this?..I'm old school and have always used the latest graphics driver when available but that's not an option as MS will simply over-install their same driver or the AMD driver just won't install properly.I'm also of the mind that if it ain't broke don't fix it,and as I'm having no issues with what they offered should I just leave well enough alone?..that's where I'm leaning..I don't want to cause problems that don't exist.Any other experiences?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When it comes to laptops, it's generally best to get your driver from the Laptop Manufacturer. It seems that on occasion there is something just proprietary enough that direct sources like AMD just won't cut it.

So if you are being told that HP is working closely with Microsoft, as has nVidia (AMD not so much), I would take that at face value and play along.
I have never been one to chase after "the latest" drivers as I've found, particularly with GPUs that "the latest" drivers are usually just something to work out a game bug for a particular game or a new game that is about to pop.

If the driver works for me and is not producing Blue Screens or other problems that I might associate with a driver issue, I'll stick with what I got.

Bif

Reaction score
Thanks Trouble,that's my thinking now as well after learning just how proprietary some drivers like this can be.It's working fine,so no need to rock the boat.
Nice to hear it this from someone else as well.

Reaction score
Some laptop manufactures have custom fan profiles built in to their proprietary drivers. For the most part, if you don't game or do anything graphically intense, you should be ok letting MS feed you thee drivers.

Bif

Reaction score
I honestly had no idea about all this and proprietary drivers before the big upgrade..with 7 I was always updating to the newest driver available and far to often paid the price with crappy video and an unstable machine.
Constantly learning..thanks folks!

Ask a Question